The definition of undue influence changes January 1, 2014
An act to add Section 86 to the Probate Code, and to amend Section 15610.30 of, and to add Section 15610.70 to, the Welfare and Institutions Code, relating to undue influence, was approved by Governor October 9, 2013 and filed with Secretary of State October 9, 2013.
Click HERE to see and download the bill.
Our expertise frequently recommends us as speakers at events covering a wide range of topics in the elder abuse and civil rights arena. Below find selection of presentation materials available to view upon request.
- Elder Abuse Statutes: Potential Landmines and Goldmines | Professional Fiduciary Association of California 19th Annual Conference, September 12, 2013
- Elder Abuse Update & Q&A | East Bay Trusts & Estates Litigation bar section, July 17, 2013
- Consumer Protection/New Legislation Updates – Financial Institutions: Observe, Detect, Report, Prevent and Collaborate | Legal Assistance for Seniors Conference, May 21, 2013
- Conservators’ Duties and Responsibilities | Professional Fiduciary Association of California 18th Annual Conference, April 27, 2013
- Financial Abuse Cheat Sheet and Updates | San Francisco Adult Protective Services, August 18, 2011
- Why, where and how to file an elder-abuse case | Legal Assistance to Seniors 6th Annual Conference, June 20, 2011
- Authorities to Recover Your Elder Client’s Assets Short of Litigation | East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers, May 4, 2011
- Legislative Update-Insurance Fraud and Mandatory Reporting | Elder Financial Protection Network Call to Action Conference, April 8, 2011
- When should you pursue an elder-abuse lawsuit? | Contra Costa County Elder Law Section, September 14, 2010
- How to set up elder-abuse lawsuits to recover elders’ assets and dignity | Legal Assistance for Seniors 5th Annual Conference, June 18, 2010
- Mandatory reporting requirements for suspected elder abuse; RCFE admissions and discharge: protections many elders do not know about; and, New laws effecting financial-abuse litigation | Professional Fiduciary Association of California Annual Conference, May 9, 2008
- Confronting Elder Financial Abuse: Real Estate Fraud | Elder Financial Protection Network Call to Action Conference, March 27, 2008
- Protecting Elders: Legal Issues | Center for Judicial Excellence Probate Forum, January 25, 2007
- Standing To File An Elder Abuse Lawsuit | Legal Assistance For Seniors “Let’s Stop the Bleeding” Conference, May 2, 2006